- 31/12/2007 - Captured 78 more screens,
including the Arwide demo, Just Fun, Anti-PC and Sanxion demo.
- 30/05/2007 - Added 33 more screens.
Patch #3 released! Adds 450 new screens bringing the total to
- 29/05/2007 - Added 43 more screens.
- 26/05/2007 - Added 85 more screens.
- 25/05/2007 - Fixed a couple of screens
that weren't set up correctly. Added 159 more screens.
- 24/05/2007 - Captured 73 more demoscreens.
Many thanks to the Persistence of Vision team for allowing me to add some POV
menus to the database. Added 130 of these captured screens to the
- 23/05/2007 - Captured 213 more demoscreens
ready for adding to the database (that's nearly another patch already!)
Some small tweaks to front-end, including an updated search facility - you
can now choose whether you're searching for a demo name, megademo or
- 11/05/2007 - Patch #2 released!
Adds 243 new screens bringing the total to 2250.
- 08/05/2007 - Added My Dog is Enjoying
Fuzion, NTM Demo, Golden Soundtracker, Lightning Demo, No-Named Demo, Revolution, Life's a Beat. Couple
of front-end tweaks.
- 06/05/2007 - Added Twilight
Zone, Reckless and Lazer-ST Micro-Demo.
- 05/05/2007 - Added Hardcore Dancefloor and
- 04/05/2007 - Added Kidney Bean Demo.
- 29/04/2007 - Added Definitive Demo.
- 26/04/2007 - Added 7 screens, including
High Voltage and Hyperblit.
- 25/04/2007 - Added 41 screens, including
Poppycock, Brainstorm and some POV menus.
- 24/04/2007 - Added 7 more multi-part
screens and captured another 60 screens.
- 23/04/2007 - Added Jukebox feature to
front-end. You can add demoscreens with your favourite music to a jukebox
list, and then play tunes from this list seperately. Fixed 'Giga Dance'
screens. Fixed problem that was caused if you installed DBST into a folder
with a space (like 'Program Files'). Added 22 more demos, including Tea
- 22/04/2007 - Added 9 more screens - all
- 21/04/2007 - Fixed Alliance Demo - Alien
Cracking Formation missing disk (screen still corrupt though). You can now
view the demolist with small or large animated snapshots (like the
favourites screen). Can now search for megademos/coders as well as
- 20/04/2007 - Front-end, you can now choose
to play the music only from any demoscreen instead of watching it. Also
added auto-music, where the music will play for each screen you click on.
You can now also view demoscreens fullscreen, maximised or windowed.
- 18/04/2007 - Added more random backgrounds
to front-end, and a 'top searches' drop-down box.
- 16/04/2007 - Fixed 'The Globe (Intro)'
missing screenshots causing crash. Added manual skip functionality to
front-end - during a slideshow, if you quit STeem prematurely, DBST will
automatically load the next screen in the running order. Added 'manual
skip' option in slideshow - when ticked then demoscreens will run
indefinitely until you manually quit. A couple of interface tweaks with
the options screen.
- 14/04/2007 - Added Celestial Power. Can
now run your 'favourites' through a slideshow. Added options screen to
front-end and consolidated all options into it to tidy up the other
screens. Added 'realistic' load times for the loading screens in the
megademo slideshows - the bigger the file size of the next image in the
running order, the longer the load screen plays! Patch #1 now
available to download!!! Nearly 250 extra screens, plus a far more
- 13/04/2007 - Added A Grumbler in the
Rutting Season, Synthetic Visions, Town and Country, plus some multiparts. 'Megademo Browser' feature in front-end is now fully
functional! Added ability to browse coders as well as megademos. Tidied up
- 12/04/2007 - Added Skid Row Megademo
(required graph paper to make a map!) Improvements to front-end: slideshow
closes STeem properly now which avoids the 'STeem didnt close properly
last time' dialog box. Added ability to delete or clear all favourites.
- 11/04/2007 - Added another 17 demoscreens.
A few tweaks to the front-end. Fascinating facts about DBST #2: 8
- 10/04/2007 - Added another 38 demoscreens.
- 09/04/2007 - Added another 106 demoscreens
already for the next patch! Added 'Favourite Demos' functionality to
front-end, allowing you to pick your favourites and access them via
animated screenshots. :)
- 07/04/2007 - Downloaded another 40mb-worth
of demos to add. Fascinating facts about DBST #1:
7 lamer tests, 7 "change disk" screens.
- 06/04/2007 - DemoBaseST v1.75 now
available for download!
- 04/04/2007 - Added Nemesis Demo, First Age
Demo, and Not So Ultimate GFA Demo. 1000 visits to the website! Woohoo!
- 03/04/2007 - Added Never and Forever,
Pandora's Box, and a couple of multiparts.
- 02/04/2007 - Added Snork, Smile, Suck my
Duck, Sound Demo II, The Second Try and The Year After, plus another
multipart. More tweaks to front-end.
- 30/03/2007 - Added The Year After and The
World is my Oyster, plus a couple of multiparts.
- 29/03/2007 - Added Corporation, Cor Blimey and Gnoogunogumbar
megademos. Font change on web site! Big changes to the front-end: STeem
and the required TOSes are bundled with DBST - no more setting up
required! Also, good feedback from beta testers so far.
- 28/03/2007 - Two or three little interface improvements
to front-end. Developed a beta test version with 4 demoscreens for testers
to try. Created
news archive page to store the old news. Added STOS Blipp Demo
- 27/03/2007 - Modified front-end so that it can handle
demoscreens that require the disc to be present in the virtual drive to
work properly. Added/fixed ten demoscreens that previously would not work (eg.
Punish Your Machine - Leif Rullar)
- 26/03/2007 - Modified front-end so that it accepts any
TOS filename and not the fixed 'TOS v_.__.img". Still limited to length of
pathname - 48 characters including filename.
- 22/03/2007 - Added Space Demo. Modified front-end to
allow random backgrounds and right-clicking screenshot to change
- 21/03/2007 - Added The Musical Wonder 1990, and the Eat
My B****ocks, Virtual Escape and Paradise multipart demos. Updated
readme file (added
- 19/03/2007 - Added Back in France (Preview), Extasia,
Faith, Bugs in Space, Beyond Deadline
- 18/03/2007 - Added April Fool and Alpha Demo. Some test
work on a different PC carried out - trying to find out if there are any
more hidden entries anywhere that still refer to my own PC!
- 16/03/2007 - Modified front-end so that when you click
on a picture preview it will zoom to full window size. More debug work
- 14/03/2007 - Modified front-end so it could run
multi-part demos (which require the image to be inserted into the
virtual drive). Added Synergy megademo, and Brace, Blitter Mania and Ambience multi-part
- 13/03/2007 - Bleary-eyed early on Tuesday morning, and
I have half-solved the problem. It works, as long as the directory path to
your TOSes is less than 35 characters long! Shouldn't be a problem for the
vast majority of people. I'll take a look at it again after I've slept.
Oh, and I've grabbed the Synergy demos, and fixed a few others that had a
bad TOS pointer. Midday, and I've got 30 more snapshots to re-take because
they used a different TOS file that I can't hack. 8pm and all screens are
fixed. I can now get back to the proper job of adding screens!
- 12/03/2007 - Problem-solving day today. After testing
DBST on someone else's PC I found a few bugs regarding directories and TOS
paths which need fixing. Also found out that part 2 and part 3 of the
download have files that are not in their correct directory! (All the
demoscreen ZIP files need to be in a folder called Screens). Repackaging the whole
version 1.51 along with some front-end bug-fixes. Includes everything that
was in patch #1 so patch #1 is now redundant. Also
added screenshot and thumbnail to web page. Fixed six demoscreens that had
been archived incorrectly. Awaiting communication from STeem authors.
- 11/03/2007 - Added 1991 Charts Compil and BSW DCD 139.
Couple of tweaks to front-end.
- 10/03/2007 - DBST makes front page at
Atari Legend! Adding some
unreleased ST Connexion screens, and the Misty demos. Renamed V8 Music Demo to V8
Music Demo 2, and added the original V8 Music Demo (which needed patching).
Added search facility to frontend, and fullscreen checkbox. Added some missing credits to a handful
of screens (sorry Lost Boys!).
- 09/03/2007 - Patch #1 now available for
download! Please see the Downloads area below. Plus a few tweaks to the
- 08/03/2007 - Adding Upscale Megademo, Ultimate GFA Demo
2, and a couple of
stand-alones. Made some improvements to front-end application, bringing it
up to version 0.7. First patch ready to be uploaded to server - this will
patch the database from 1.21 to 1.43 (giving you 224 new screens!), and the front-end from 0.6 to 0.7
(see the readme in the downloads section for a list of new features). Also
added loads of hidden demos (thanks to Alive magazine for the pointers!)
- 07/03/2007 - Adding FNIL demo, Even Easter demo, XXX
International demo, plus a couple of old stand-alones.
- 06/03/2007 - Added Hier Sind Noch Zwei Plaerze Frei.
some 3615 competition screens, Megafun, Alf Megademo.
- 05/03/2007 - Added Nostalgic Demo. Reached 100
megademos!!! Plus tidied up web page a little.
- 04/03/2007 - Added No Cooper demo
03/03/2007 - Added Zuul megademo, Tec megademo, plus lots of dentros.
02/03/2007 - Planning the inclusion of Menu-only screens and
dentros/cracktros. Currently adding T2 megademo, Techno Drugs, ULM '93 and a couple of
01/03/2007 - New screens, once prepared for the database,
will be downloadable separately in the form of 'patches' to avoid the need to download the whole
210mb database all over again.
28/02/2007 - The whole database is now online! Please check
the links panel below. Many thanks to Megar from Atari-Forum for kindly
hosting the files for me. Keep a look out for more screens to be added soon!
:) - "Things That Make Us Go Hmmm" megademo added